This is the supplemental blog for GATEWALKER, a contemporary fantasy serial written by Joey Cruz.

Click on the cover image to the right to read it on JukePopSerials.com!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Chapter 6 - Things Get Interesting

Gatewalker Chapter 6

I told you this chapter was a doosey. Hopefully you went back and reacquainted yourself with Detective Russo and the man called Midian after I put chapter 5 up, but even if you didn't, I hope it was still satisfying.

Now, as I've already said, chapter 7 will not come nearly as fast as 5 and 6 did because, well, reasons. (Mostly money/work/scheduling reasons.) Rest assured, though, that I am not giving up on Gatewalker. I love this story and will continue to plug away at it until it's all the way told. I just beg your patience in the time it takes for me to do so.

If you're enjoying the story, and haven't already done as much, be sure to add it to your Jukepop bookshelf. That way, you'll get an email notification every time a new chapter goes up.

Also, you can follow me on Twitter, where I regularly spew my thoughts about... everything, and give frequent updates on the status of my various projects. (early apologies for the vulgarity and irreverence you are guaranteed to find there)

With that out of the way, on with the Bonus Features!


Soundtrack

The song for this chapter honestly didn't occur to me until my final revision pass before posting it up. In point of fact, I had intended for this song to come into play much later in the story, but as I reread the chapter, it seemed to fit the tone best here. Cool, atmospheric, ominous, and just a little bit mischievous, the track is "Evil Dub" from the album The Last Resort by Danish electronic artist, Trentemøller.


Casting Call

Remember I said there were three Marvel Cinematic Universe actors who I saw in certain roles in Gatewalker?


Detective Kyle Russo 

should be played by



Before I actually started writing Gatewalker, all I knew about Russo was his relationship to Midian (which you will learn more about in coming chapters). He had no name, no description, not even a personality. It wasn't until after I saw Ruffalo in The Avengers that I started to see the character take shape in my brain. I even gave him a similar name!

So, there you have it. Two down, one more to go. What do you guys think? Do you see it? Did you guess it? Do you think I'm crazy? Leave your comments below to let me know!


Thank you, as always, for reading the story (and thank you even harder for reading this shamelessly self-indulgent bit of bloggery). I hope 2013 wasn't too rough on you, and I hope 2014 brings you nothing but joy.

See you when 7 drops!

No comments:

Post a Comment